mAadhaar is developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) that helps Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information like Name, DOB, Gender & Address along with a photograph in their Smartphone. Now you can use mAadhaar as Identity Proof when you travel through the train. Just follow below steps to use mAadhaar on railways.
A passenger needs to show his/her mAadhaar on their mobile after entering the password, and it will be accepted as a proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class over Indian Railways.
How to Use mAadhaar As Identity Proof on Railways?
#1 Link You Mobile Number with Aadhaar
- First of all, you need to link your aadhaar with mobile number (Skip this step if you have linked your mobile number)
- To Link, Visit your nearest Aadhaar centre
- Get the Aadhar Update/Correction Form
- Fill out the form carefully and mention that you want to link your number with Aadhaar
- Submit it to the concerned person at the centre with required documents
- If you want to change your existing linked mobile number, you can do it online, just visit, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
#2 Register on mAdhaar App
- Download mAadhaar App From Here
- Open the app and set a password
- Provide Aadhaar Number
- Verify via OTP
- That’s it; you can now see your Aadhaar details on the mobile screen.
- For Step by Step Guide Registration Process, Visit Here
#3 Login Your Account
- Open your mAadhaar App
- Login your account
- To view your profile, just go to profile on the homepage of the app
- Enter password to Authenticate
- Now in the profile screen, you will see your Aadhaar Card
- You can flip your profile to view address.
So, passengers travelling on a train can now show Aadhaar by login into the mAadhaar application on the phone as an identity proof. Spread this news to your friends.