We have discussed all the features of the mAadhaar app in our earlier post. The best feature of the mAadhaar app is Biometric locking or unlocking which helps you to secure biometric authentication by looking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
How to Lock Biometrics?
- Firstly you need to link aadhaar to the mobile app
- Login to your profile & Select “Preferences” from side menu
- If you wish to lock your biometrics then check the checkbox “Enable Biometrics Lock”
- Save the changes by selecting “Save settings” from the menu
- View settings on the server, select “Refresh settings” from the top menu.
How to Unlock Biometrics?
- If you have indicated “Enable Biometric lock” in the biometric preferences then the application will allow you to unlock your biometrics temporarily from “My Profile” screen
- Click the “Unlock Biometrics” button, if visible, on “My Profile” screen to unlock your biometrics temporarily
- If unlocked then expiry time may be viewed in “Biometric Preferences” screen
- It is recommended that you always keep biometric-enabled.