Aadhar Card is now mandatory for everyone India. Even so to keep using the banking services, telecom services and various other services you will need to have an Aadhar. Now applying for Aadhar Card is an offline process. You need to do it manually by going to the nearest Aadhar enrollment centre. Then fill the application form, provide documents along with a photograph and biometric scans. You will receive a slip which you need to keep until Aadhar card is delivered to you. In this article, I am sharing how you can get eAadhar Card Online. Scroll down to know more.
How to Get eAadhar Card/ Duplicate Copy of Aadhar Online?
Sometimes due to some reasons, you might not receive the Aadhar Card. So you can get a duplicate copy of Aadhar using three methods. The Aadhar generated by this process is called an eAadhar. Now let’s get into the steps.
Get eAadhar using Enrolment Number
Now enrollment number is something you get after you have successfully completed the offline application process. You get an enrollment recipe after registration, which contains the enrollment number and various other details. In this method, we will use the enrollment recipe details so make sure to fill the details properly. This process involves the following steps.
- Go the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- Select the option ‘Enrolment Id.’
- Fill the Enrollment ID details along with date and time of the enrollment in the respected fields. You can find all these details on the enrollment slip.
- Type in your name and area pin code.
- Now type the security code in a computer-generated image to prove that you are not a robot.
- Type in your registered mobile number and then click on ‘Get one-time password’ option.
- Type the OTP received via an SMS and then click on Validate
- Finally, you have the copy of Aadhar card
Use Aadhar Number
- Select Aadhar number on the website.
- Enter your number.
- And then your full name.
- Provide your area pin code.
- Now type the security code in a computer-generated image to prove that you are human.
- Then click on ‘Get One-time password’ option.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Type in the OTP received into the required field.
- Following this, the process will start automatically.
How to Open eAadhar PDF File?
To open/ unlock your PDF file, you need to enter eight charter password. the password is a combination of first four letter of
your name in capital letters and year of birth in YYYY format.
Use mAadhaar App
The UIDAI team released an app called the mAadhar app. Now the app user interface is very leggy and extremely slow, which is what we can expect just like any other government services. The app often crashes down, and most of its services don’t function properly. But if you can once set it up, you will be able to view the Adhaar card. This process involves:
- Install the mAadhar app from the google play store.
- Launch the app, and now you will see the terms and conditions related to the app.
- On the tap left corner, there are usage guidelines. Tap on it.
- Create a password for password protection. However, it is removed if you uninstall or forcefully disable the app. For the password, you need to use one upper case letter, one number and one character.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Now you need to type your aadhar number or enrollment number.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered number. The app will automatically detect the OTP sent to you, and then you can view your eaadhar.
However, you need to make sure to install the app on the phone with the sim of your registered mobile number. This process won’t be complete in one try because of the occasional crashes. Even you might not receive the OTP on time, and various other problems may come in the way.